Author Topic: ลอกสีเก่าโดย Aircraft stripper  (Read 2290 times)

Offline toonhyper

• Fiat Fever!
  • Verified Member
  • Last Login:March 15, 2024, 04:53:46 pm
ลอกสีเก่าโดย Aircraft stripper
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:04:21 pm »
ลอกสีเก่าโดย Aircraft stripper ... ดูแล้วเข้าท่าดีนะครับ  :good:
บ้านเราไม่รู้มีขายหรือปล่าว?

My valve cover was powdercoated a few years back...ITR red...well over the winter I added -12an bungs for a pcv setup on the front...needless to say I had to scrape the powder off to weld it...

I am trying to get the rest off which has proven alot more difficult than I first imagined. I have used paint stripper which works ok, but doesn't get down in the little crevices and such..also a sandblaster, which just makes a huge mess and really didn't do much.

Any suggestions?

It will be hot tanked b/c I need to make sure and get all the metal shavings out of it before it goes back on, but after talking to Marietta Ignition it won't remove the powder coating..

Pic for reference.  It's a little rough looking now, I used a scraper to get the flat parts done, but I can't get into the rounded edges very easy or the smaller areas.

Found the solution!!!

Aircraft/Paint Stripper + Pressure washer.

Worked perfectly...it took 3-4 times to get it all completely off, but I liked it b/c it requires little to no work..lol.

Spray it on, let it set for a few minutes, paint will bubble, spray it off.

Dropping it off this afternoon to get hot tanked.

"I am Toon, Toonhyper.
          Not just a buyer, I am a hunter..."

โครงการบูรณะ FIAT 850 Berlina >> http://www.bangkokclassiccar.com/forum/index.php?topic=21972.0
Progetto Fiat X1/n >> http://www.bangkokclassiccar.com/forum/index.php?topic=36829.0

Offline toonhyper

• Fiat Fever!
  • Verified Member
  • Last Login:March 15, 2024, 04:53:46 pm
Re: ลอกสีเก่าโดย Aircraft stripper
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »
นี่อีกเคสนึง ...  :good:

Aircraft paint remover and Gunk engine brite GEL engine degreaser review.

So im starting the cleansing process with the engine bay .. because it REALLY needs it.

Im lookin at the valve cover thinking it needs some paint, and that will be the first thing i do with the bay. Black is always nice, so i hit the local wall-mart and pick up a few things, this being one of them :
Its "aircraft remover" AKA "Paint striper" this one comes in a convenient spray can.

cause im Lazy, and curious, i didnt even try to clean the grease and dirt off the valve cover, i just began spraying like a mad man coating the entire valve cover generously with the stripper .
It started working instantly ...
This is literally 30seconds into spraying:

the bottle says to let it sit for 15-30minutes, so i went and started cleaning the motor with this other stuff call "Gunk Engine brite" GEL " which means you spray it on and let it sit for a while and it cleans forever until you wipe it away ...

so i sprayed and let sit for 20 minutes...
WOW !!

after wiping all that up i went back to the valve cover .....
 Swiped the front with a plastic scraper.. Again WOW !! The paint just slid right off the valve cover ..

so i wiped all the access paint crap off and shot it again because there were very small places where it missed a bit.

Sprayed it all off and heres the end result

slapped some paint on, and now im 1/3rd way done ....

Tips and Hints :

-WEAR SOLVENT RESISTANT GLOVES when handling the stripper.

- When using the engine cleaner, spray it on an area, and let it sit over night, power wash it or wipe it clean the next day, its works great.

- When cleaning those tight areas, use a Q-tip.

- USE THESE PRODUCTS IN WELL VENTALATED AREAS

- Be sure to clean the item that you used the stripper on with warm water to rid the surface of any residue left by the stripper.
"I am Toon, Toonhyper.
          Not just a buyer, I am a hunter..."

โครงการบูรณะ FIAT 850 Berlina >> http://www.bangkokclassiccar.com/forum/index.php?topic=21972.0
Progetto Fiat X1/n >> http://www.bangkokclassiccar.com/forum/index.php?topic=36829.0

Tags:

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.

Facebook Comments