Author Topic: You Raise Me Up  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Vette Dean

• Verified Member
  • Last Login:May 29, 2021, 08:08:41 am
You Raise Me Up
« on: March 22, 2016, 09:33:45 am »
I’ve heard many covers of “You Raise Me Up”, but this performance by these two children blew me away! Jeffrey Li is 10-year-old and Celine Tam is just 7. When the pair began singing on a Chinese talent show, they stunned the audience! They may be young in age, but their voices are incredible!

! No longer available
They don't wright songs about Volvos

Offline Vette Dean

• Verified Member
Re: You Raise Me Up
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:34:12 am »
Every family that steps through the gates of a Disney Park has a unique experience, whether it be through interacting with the Disney characters or going on rides. For the Mansfield family, the experience was made all the more memorable because of a special meeting with Minnie Mouse. Shaylee Mansfield is deaf, as are her mother and father. Shaylee’s mom says that when she was growing up she never expected anyone to know sign language or how to communicate with her. The same cannot be said for Shaylee.
At school, Shaylee can speak freely with everyone, as everyone can sign. Yet, outside of school, communicating with people is a different story because there are not too many people that know sign language. So imagine Shaylee’s surprise and delight when she met Minnie Mouse (and Tinkerbell) and discovered they could sign. Her face just lights up in the biggest smile. Her parents are touched too, knowing how special an experience this is for their daughter. “It made her proud of her own language. She made that connection,” her dad later explained.
I love how the Disney staff made Shaylee feel so welcome and included.

! No longer available

Offline Vette Dean

• Verified Member
Re: You Raise Me Up
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:43:51 pm »

Tags:

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.